Followers

Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Romantic Moment

Hello and welcome back to Cards By Kay, I have taken a little time away from DT work today to work on this sweet little image I stumbled over while browsing through the Sweet Pea Store it is by a fabulous designer Charity Dauenhauer and is called A Romantic Moment you can find it here.


                                   Romantic Moment

                                      


I have used a white linen card for my base card, and layered this with olive card stock. 
The paper is from Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection 
My Frame is from my Silhouette Collection Tear Drop Frame Set 
Flowers from Petaloo and Kaisercraft
I have fussy cut my image and layered it onto a white oval shape.   


To color the wings on my image I have used the feather blending Technique with copic markers
G000 and RV10 and E70 and BG70  the idea with feather blending for those who do not know is too find a co-ordinating blend I have found the Copic app available through the Apple store a great help to find a complementary color be aware the App is is Japanese but the key components are in English is it is still a very useful tool ! So back to feather blending this is where you want to use your flicking technique I find flicking away from myself is the easiest but what ever works for you ! So I have simply used one color on each side of the wings and meet them in the middle with the fine end of your flick, I have only used two colors for the centres of both sets of wings.     


And for the inside of the card I have attached a label from the Kaisercraft Perriwinkle  collection and a Petaloo flower to finish. 

So now onto my copic colors I have used;
Skin: E11,21,13,51
Hair: E13,23,25,27 and E30,31,33
Lips: E04
Dress: RV63,66,69
Wings: G000,RV10,RV000,RV91,RV93
Wings: BG70,72,75,78 and E70
Flower: RV91,93,95,99 and YG61,63,67
Pants/Shirt: BG70,72,75,78
Boots/Jacket/Bag/Knife: E70,71,74,77,79
So thats it from me for today stay tuned for more DT projects coming and thank you for your visit today !
Hugs
Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for your visit your comments are appreciated