Followers

Monday, May 5, 2014

Frankenstien's Bride

This month over at Simply Steampunk Challenges we are doing something a little different, instead of our usual 4 showings we are using these 2 fabulous images by Abigail Larsen available over at Simply Betty Stamps now ! We have two different versions of Frankenstien's Bride. I fell in love with this first image ages ago when I first saw it, and now I can't decide between the two which is my favorite ! So back to business our challenge for you this month at Simply Steampunk Challenges is " Piecing together " paper patchwork, stitches etc, but there is a catch you will need to head over to the Simply Steampunk Challenge site to choose one of these two images to enter the challenge, then get your Steampunking on and join us for a fantastic challenge and a whole lot of fun !
 Be sure to check out all the inspiration the DT girls have provided they have done an outstanding job as always :) 
 So to color this first image " Bride of Frankenstien " I have used the following copic colors:
Skin: E51,21,11
Hair: N3,5,7
Dress: G40,43,46, N3,5,7,R81,83
Background: W0,1,3,5,7
Frame: C0,1,3
I have embroidered a border for my card from a pattern from " Embroidery on Paper" by Annie & Nico Heesakkers.
My thread is a multi colored green silk thread
Cardstock is Core'dinations Black and American Crafts Green and a basic cream base card.

     

                                                           Bride of Frankenstein 
                                       


Close up 

This one is the brand new image by Abigail available now in the Simply B store ! 
I have colored my image with the following copic markers :
Skin: E51,21,11
Hair: N3,4,5,7
Dress:12,14,16
I have fussy cut my image and taken out the background area. 
I have used paper from Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells range and a black linen paper.
I have then cut 4 equal squares to cove my card front then pierced a border around each piece. 
I have added just a few simple pieces to embellish my card, my little owl is from a necklace, flower is Petaloo and a little lace, pearls and cogs to finish !  

Framed Bride of Frankenstein 



Close up !





I really hope you will join us in this brand new challenge a great opportunity to grab these awesome images and play along with SSC ! Thanks so much for visiting see you soon
Hugs 
Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for your visit your comments are appreciated